Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Road Journal: 5/18/09

Woke up early today and pretty much just surfed the web and got myself increasingly addicted to Twitter. Honestly it's digital crack. A ton of dreaming went down in the Branch offices, at Pineapple Willies (a nice little beach joint in PCB), and at the Purple Grape (a classy wine bar). Through the haze of Djarum clove cigarettes, red wine aromas, Samuel Adams froth, and the fizzing of a Pepsi cola (for my "under 21" self) minds were reaching for mystic territories of progress.

The staff and artists that I have had the privilege to meet and work with here at Branch Records have an unparalleled sense of creativity and drive to create a truly organic and functional way of producing quality music.

Today Branch Records was solidified as the absolute right choice for me as American Fiction. I want to make music with integrity and beauty and Branch will not only allow me to do this, but support it and push me to do it better.

This has been a raw and powerful trip that has left me with new friends and new visions!

I head back to Wisconsin later today on the Greyhound. I will be updating my Twitter as I travel north and considering that prostitutes, hippies avoiding the law, and dudes heading to court because they failed to pay child support have all been on buses I've taken, these updates could and most likely will be EPIC!

2 comments:

  1. ahhhh.....the benefits of a mother being on Facebook - I can actually read about what my sweet son is doing and actually get to see him as well! Looking forward to having my wandering son home soon....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you Ethan! I know that I am a "new" fan compared to all your friends who have been supporting you since the "garage band" days. But I just want to say that I feel like I have gotten to know you faily well this year and I am just so amazed at your drive for your music.


    Keep it up and come back to Madison with you cloves soon.

    ps. I gifted mine to Emily before I left (because I didn't want my younger sibs to see them) and Niccole THREW THEM AWAY. I am irritated to say the least.

    ReplyDelete

Followers